Painful non-visible lump on base of skull???
My girlfriend developed a relatively small lump on the back of her neck at the base of her skull just above her hairline about 3 inches from her right ear.  It developed fairly recently.  I am always rubbing her back and neck because she had been in a car accident a couple of years ago and experiences chronic back pain, and did not feel it until 2 days ago.  It is not visible on the skin, is about the size of dime or nickel, and causes her pain if pressure is applied.  Pain feels similar to a bruise.  

As a side note: She has also developed a visible skin rash on the rest of her body beginning on her arms and legs ad moving up her side in the past week which may or may not be related and may or may not have preceded the appearance of the lump.

Anybody know what it might be?  Could the rash and lump be related?
Lymph nodes can become swollen from infection, inflammatory conditions, an abscess, or cancer. Other causes of enlarged lymph nodes are rare. By far, the most common cause of swollen lymph nodes is infection.
The back of the head is one of the common sites for swollen glands.
Immune or autoimmune disorders  can cause swollen lymph nodes and some kind of rash is usually seen.
Alternatively the 2 could be totally unrelated.The lump could be a scalp condition and the rash an allergy.
You have to get her investigated further to make a diagnosis.Treatment can be decided after the visit.

Hi I am a 16 year old girl. I was at the gym about 3 weeks ago and told my friend that I had a mosquito bite on my back and asked her to itch it. I thought it had gone away, until now, 3 weeks later....I still felt it. Its a small lump on my left mid-back. If things rub on it, its hurt. Alot of pain to the touch. But if you dont touch it, it doesn't really hurt. It is not visible, its under the skin. Any ideas?
Wow this sounds familiar.  I recall scratching a mosquito bite on my back a day ago and now I have this little lump like a muscle knot at the top of my neck/base of skull to the left side.  Press on it and it hurts a bit.  I expect it will just go away in a few days because I've seen this one before.  But interesting that you mention you got bit by a mosquito.... :)