Painful rash between toes
I have a reoccurring "rash" between the same two toes on the same foot.  It's been happening for about 3 months.  When it flares up, it is red, scaly and feels like needles.  It does not itch, there are no blisters, there is no odor.  What could this be and how should I treat it?
What you seem to be having is athlete’s foot or fungal infection of the foot. It is typically transmitted in moist areas where people walk barefoot, such as showers or bathhouses.
Wash your feet daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying, not rubbing. Keep the area dry and keep a separate towel for yourself. Most forms of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine, and clotrimazole.
You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral. Undecylenic acid (a castor oil derivative) is a known fungicide and Whitfield’s ointment can also be used for fungal skin infections such as athlete's foot.

In case the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist in that case. Oral antifungals may be needed. Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.