Dermatology Community
Painful red spots on fingers
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Painful red spots on fingers

5250839?1263067867
Sorry for the repost - figuring out this forum...I noticed a couple subcutaneous red spots on my fingers a couple weeks ago and it was sensitive to pressure and recently more of these have showed up.  They are pretty sensitive and are now showing up on all five fingers on my right hand.  They are mostly on the pads of the fingers with a couple on the sides and one on the top of my index finger that feels and almost looks like a hangnail.    These spots are limited to my right hand only.  On my middle finger the red spots almost form a ring.  Ideas?  I also notice that they are especially sensitive to warm/hot water and if I happen to bump them, it really hurts.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have this same thing. Tbud24, have you figured out what it is?

Thanks,
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be a herpetic whitlow, pompholyx or osler’s node. Osler’s nodes are painful, red, raised lesions on the palms and soles. They are associated with a number of conditions, including infective endocarditis. Herpetic whitlow is caused by HSV infection nd presents as painful nodules on the fingers. Pompholyx is also called dyshidrotic eczema and presents as itchy, small painful blisters on palms and fingers.

I would suggest a dermatologist’s and physician’s evaluation for the same.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Same thing here started with two fingertips now all 5 of my right hand only. Did you figured it out? If so please let me know.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...