Painful red spots on fingers

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Painful red spots on fingers

5250839?1263067867
Sorry for the repost - figuring out this forum...I noticed a couple subcutaneous red spots on my fingers a couple weeks ago and it was sensitive to pressure and recently more of these have showed up.  They are pretty sensitive and are now showing up on all five fingers on my right hand.  They are mostly on the pads of the fingers with a couple on the sides and one on the top of my index finger that feels and almost looks like a hangnail.    These spots are limited to my right hand only.  On my middle finger the red spots almost form a ring.  Ideas?  I also notice that they are especially sensitive to warm/hot water and if I happen to bump them, it really hurts.
I have this same thing. Tbud24, have you figured out what it is?

Thanks,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be a herpetic whitlow, pompholyx or osler’s node. Osler’s nodes are painful, red, raised lesions on the palms and soles. They are associated with a number of conditions, including infective endocarditis. Herpetic whitlow is caused by HSV infection nd presents as painful nodules on the fingers. Pompholyx is also called dyshidrotic eczema and presents as itchy, small painful blisters on palms and fingers.

I would suggest a dermatologist’s and physician’s evaluation for the same.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Same thing here started with two fingertips now all 5 of my right hand only. Did you figured it out? If so please let me know.