Dermatology Expert Forum
Painful soreness between scrotum and anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have a soreness that is right about at the base of my scrotum, right on the line separating the scrotum bilaterally. It looks like a wart, but I think there has always been some kind of button or something like that always there (perhaps some remnant of embryology that I can't remember if it was there always or not).  Anyway, it hurts, I can't pop it.  I have had pimples or sores on my pubic region before that couldn't be popped that I just figured are in grown hairs because I was able to eventually free the hair and the soreness would go away in a week.  i have been tested for STD's and have been with the same partner for 8 years so the chances of that are nill.  I don't know if it matters or not, but I have had a plantars wart for around 5 years that really doesn't bother me so I don't get it removed so I wonder if it is some kind of manifestation of HPV.  In summary, it looks like a pimple but is not red, and hurts really bad, and has been for almost two weeks.
I suppose a pimple would be most likely, but there's really no chance that you'll find out unless you leave it alone so as not to distort the picture and see your doctor, who will most likely tell you to ignore it.

By the way, plantar and other warts don't spread to the groin via touch.  If they did, everyone would have genital warts.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Could be an epidermal cyst. You just need to pop it. If you think it could be infected apply fucidin or bactroban after that.
plantar warts are HPV types 1,2,6 whereas genital warts are type 16,18,31,32. This does not sound like it.