Dermatology Expert Forum
Painful sores on back of thighs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Painful sores on back of thighs

A few months ago I noticed two painful sores (almost like zits) on the back of my thighs. The sore on my left leg was considerably more painful that the one on my right leg.  After a week or two, these sores went away.  The sore on my left leg actually left a scar on the back of my leg. What could this be? I did notice that these bumps are on the same place where my legs sit on the toilet seat I use at work. I know that sounds like paranoia, but I wasn't sure if any infections are picked up from toilet seats. Also, I had a "risky encounter" about 6 months prior to this ordeal and didn't know if this sounded like some odd type of herpes infection. Please let me know what these sores could have been.  Thank you.