Painfully Itchy Welts on Back of Thighs and Buttocks
About 2-3 weeks ago I had what appeared to be really big spider or mosquito bites on my inner and back thighs. Over a day or two they got worse and then eventually started healing up. There are now small dime-sized bruises where they were. I assumed that while I was camping I got, because the woods was my bathroom. However, last night I started to develop them again... and ten times worse! One leg has ones similar to the above mentioned (dime sized, all over, red, no puss, no center marker (of a bug bite)). The other thigh and the bottom half of my butt are covered in these large welts. Diameter of each one ranges from the size of a golf ball to the size of a tennis ball, but many are an irregular shape. They itch terribly- almost to the point of being painful- and are creating a great amount of discomfort. I purchased Calagel and it's use is minimal if at all. Not only are they causing massive discomfort but they look terrible. I'm too embarrassed to where shorts.
All the research of done regard this have had images that look nothing at all like my own. I can post a picture up in the future if necessary. Please help! I don't see a doctor for another 3 days and I'm going insane!
These look like hives in response to an allergic reaction. But since you stayed in the woods, it is best to get tick bite fever ruled out by getting your ANA levels done. For the hives, take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. Also consult a dermatologist as you may need topical as well as oral steroids. Use mild soaps like Dove and apply calamine lotion on the hives.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.