Dermatology Community
Palms are peeling with small bumps like rashes
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Palms are peeling with small bumps like rashes

Please help, i'm worry. The skin of my palms are peeling for about a week and now i noticed small little bumps like rashes or blister underneath. They're really itchy too. It started peeling from my finger tips and now both my palms are peeling and dry. My palms had peeled before but I have never seen these bumps and i'm worry, please let me know what it could be. Thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have the same problem and have recently been diagnosed with Scleroderma.  I'm not sure if the peeling and bumps are related to Scleroderma but they started about six months ago.  This was followed by a tight feeling in the skin on the palms.  If I tried to straighten out my fingers, the skin on the palms felts tight and burned; as if there wasn't enough skin to straightne the fingers out.  The skin on my forearms and thighs also started to feel thick and tight and I wasn't able to pinch any skin on these areas.  

See your doctor as it might be a start of Scleroderma.

Blank
Hi.

How is everything?

Peeling and itching of the skin in the extremities may suggest a dyshidrotic eczema or a xerotic or irritant dermatitis. This skin condition may be due to exposure to irritants like chemicals and substances which you may have touched or used.

Do you usually use a particular brand and have currently changed brands?

Do you have any known allergies ?

I suggest you have this assessed by your physician so that the right topical medications be given. Refrain from washing your hands frequently. Moisturizing with a vitamin E cream may help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank