Paper thin skin after cortisone injections
I have bursitis in my hips and have had many cortisone injections over the years, (maybe two or three a year). After so long my skin became paper thin and any side to side motion will tear the layers leaving horrible blood spots under the skin. It also tears so easy! My arms look like I'm 80 years old! It doesn't help that I suffer from low protein from mal-absorption due to gastric bypass 10 years ago.
A dermatologist a couple of years ago put me on huge amounts of vitamin C and Lac lotion to no avail. He biopsied my skin and found the layers to be paper thin with weak collagen.
Is there any treatment to reverse the thinning of skin after cortisone injections?
Skin atrophy and thinning are frequent side effects of the steroid shots and the effect may be permanent and irreversible if steroids have been used for a long period of time.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.