Dermatology Community
Patches of skin that look like cauliflower in my nose
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Patches of skin that look like cauliflower in my nose

I think I had a small one of these patches a long time ago when I was younger, I was never sure what it was.... It seemed to come and go but now I feel as if it's spreading, I have tried lotions, aquaphor, bag balm, neosporin  exfoliation and just leaving it alone but nothing works. Now it's just getting worse, I feel as if it's spreading to the lines at the end of my mustache as well.

Can someone please take a look and tell me what type of infection this is? can it be cured with anything over the counter or do I need medical treatment?

Thanks for the help
Hi there,
I cannot confirm anything without a complete clinical examination. The exact location, size and type of rash all will help in determining the cause. The few possibilities based on the description shared by you are actinic keratosis also known as a solar keratosis.In this condition there are rough spots red in color which have  a rough surface and white top. This usually occurs after prolonged sun exposure. Eczema can also cause dry, scaly, rash-like skin patches. Patches of scaly flaky itchy skin can be due to psoriasis. Only clinical examination can confirm the cause. You have already been using over the counter medications without any significant improvement. Seek medical help.
Best of luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank