Dermatology Expert Forum
Peace of Mind
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Peace of Mind
Thank you for answering my posts in the past. I think I'm ready to reach a point of peace of mind and I would finally reach peace of mind with both HSV-2 and HPV.

1. This might be a silly question, but I have tested negatively for all STD's and although I had a slightly positive test with HSV-2 (elisa), I took 2 Biokit tests for HSV-2 and both came out negative. The doctor reassured me that I didn't have it, especially because I didn't have any symptoms. Can I accept this reassurance?

2. For HPV, about a year ago I had a few small dots on the right side of my shaft. Most doctors said they were nothing or that they weren't sure. One dermatologist said that one could be a wart, but my current dermatologist said that they weren't warts, but clogged pours. She treated them and reassured me that I was ok. Nothing has shown up in over a year and a half. Can I be accept her reassurance?

The reason I"m asking is that I'm terrified to get married and accidentally pass something on to a wife. I also tend to obsess about things. I'm currently getting counseling for this and struggling to have peace of mind and let the anxiety go. Maybe I need to get busier. :) Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242489_tn?1210500813
1. This might be a silly question, but I have tested negatively for all STD's and although I had a slightly positive test with HSV-2 (elisa), I took 2 Biokit tests for HSV-2 and both came out negative. The doctor reassured me that I didn't have it, especially because I didn't have any symptoms. Can I accept this reassurance?
Yes.

2. For HPV, about a year ago I had a few small dots on the right side of my shaft. Most doctors said they were nothing or that they weren't sure. One dermatologist said that one could be a wart, but my current dermatologist said that they weren't warts, but clogged pours. She treated them and reassured me that I was ok. Nothing has shown up in over a year and a half. Can I be accept her reassurance?
Yes.

I endorse your efforts to lessen your anxiety.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff

Discussion is closed
Cancel
Thank you very much for your help
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker