Dermatology Expert Forum
Peace of Mind

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Peace of Mind
Thank you for answering my posts in the past. I think I'm ready to reach a point of peace of mind and I would finally reach peace of mind with both HSV-2 and HPV.

1. This might be a silly question, but I have tested negatively for all STD's and although I had a slightly positive test with HSV-2 (elisa), I took 2 Biokit tests for HSV-2 and both came out negative. The doctor reassured me that I didn't have it, especially because I didn't have any symptoms. Can I accept this reassurance?

2. For HPV, about a year ago I had a few small dots on the right side of my shaft. Most doctors said they were nothing or that they weren't sure. One dermatologist said that one could be a wart, but my current dermatologist said that they weren't warts, but clogged pours. She treated them and reassured me that I was ok. Nothing has shown up in over a year and a half. Can I be accept her reassurance?

The reason I"m asking is that I'm terrified to get married and accidentally pass something on to a wife. I also tend to obsess about things. I'm currently getting counseling for this and struggling to have peace of mind and let the anxiety go. Maybe I need to get busier. :) Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Yes.

Yes.

I endorse your efforts to lessen your anxiety.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff

Thank you very much for your help