Peel off skin and crack on scrotum's skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi there .... I have been suffering from dry dead skin coming off from my scrotum's skin...sometime the skin get cracked ... It's been almost two years ....What can I do to get rid of it??
Avatar dr f tn
Without evaluation it may be difficult to determine the exact cause of your symptoms. The common causes of scaly cracking skin are eczema and balanitis.Skin conditions like lichen planus, seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis can present with flaking and cracking skin. Repeated thrush which is common in diabetics can lead to peeling of skin. Many STDs, such as herpes, gonorrhea, and syphilis may also cause dry, flaky skin. A clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and management. Treatment is specific based on the cause. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!