Peeling elbow skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Peeling elbow skin

My elbow skin peels off.  It used to be very dry.  After applying lotion regularly, it seems soft and OK, but then the skin wlll spontaneously rub off, leaving me with red elbows.  How can I fix this?
From these symptoms, frictional lichenoid dermatitis and eczema are important possibilities to be ruled out. If the patch has been present for quite some time, it can be due to psoriasis skin. The treatment options for all of these are different. It is advisable to get a biopsy skin done which will confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.