Dermatology Community
Peeling fingertip
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Peeling fingertip

I have had a single fingertip (index finger only) that has been on a peeling cycle on and off for about 8 months.  The tip gets hard when it heals and then has a little pain and then peels like crazy again.  The nailbed underneath gets a little crusty. I have tried anitbacterial ointments and oral cephlex, topical antiviral and fungal now am on clobex topical for 2 weeks and symptoms are worse.  Anythoughts out there?

Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

First of all pls stop using all these medicines without consulting a dermatologist.A confirmatory diagnosis has to be made and then specific treatment is to be started.

Various possibilities for peeling fingertip are trauma and allergic or irritant contact dermatitis like washing dishes without wearing gloves,contact with harsh detergents,soaps and lotions that contain perfume can cause hands and fingertips to become irritated and peel.Sometimes cold, dry air can cause  peeling and dermatitis or fungal infections can also cause peeling.

In my opinion,consultation of a dermatologist will be the best.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...