Peeling hands/ rash on legs/arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Peeling hands/ rash on legs/arms

Since a week ago, I have had the skin on my fingers tips peel and the peeling has moved from the fingers to the palms of the hands. The skin will just turn white in patches and looks like normal dead skin and then peel off. At the same time I broke out in red spots on my body. First on the inside of my fore arm and now its spread to my legs. They are small red dots. They don't itch, are not sore or leak any fluid. I think some may have started to dissappear a bit on my arm. I was told these may be guttate psoriasis - which I've never had before. I do have psoriasis but only confined to the scalp - never on the body. About 2.5 weeks ago I did have a really severe sore throat. I had it checked out and was told it was a normal sore throat but looked very irritated. I was only told to take normal medicine. Maybe this was something more severe? I don't know what it is and more importantly how long this lasts? any ideas greatly Appreciated.
Guttate psoriasis is usually after a streptococcal (bacterial) infection. The eruption of the lesions on the skin usually happens about 2-3 weeks after the person has strep throat. The basic point is application of plenty of moisturizers and topical steroids. In some cases antibiotics may also be prescribed.  

Although guttate psoriasis usually clears up within a few weeks but in some cases it may progress to chronic psoriasis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.