Peeling of fingernails
My children's fingernails and toenails are staring to come off from the top of the nail down. The part by the cuticle seems to come off and there is a new nail underneath, so in time, the kids can lift up the nail and just peel off.
What is this???

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it can be due to fungal infections(onchomycosis) or psoriasis.

Onchomycosis is an infection of the fingernails or toenails by forms of fungi and yeast.Treatment may include topical and oral antifungal drugs which may have to be taken for a long time because the infection is embedded within the nail and is difficult to reach. As a result full removal of symptoms is very slow and may take a year or more.

Psoriasis is a non-contagious, lifelong skin problem with thickened, red, and often scaly skin.It may effect the nails also resulting in their denting or peeling.

In my opinion it is advisable to get it evaluated from a dermatologist or pediatrician.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your children are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.