Peeling of skin in the pubic area.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Peeling of skin in the pubic area.

Well when my boyfriend and I have sex, his skin flakes, and it quite bad.. It flakes on his penis, and on the pubic area. He's not sure what it is and I don't know if it's just dry skin or not, or if maybe he's just not looking after himself down there, I don't want to talk about it with him, as it is an awkward conversation. He says it's not itchy, sore, burning, or anything like that, it just flakes. There are no red marks, but he does shave. Could it maybe be caused by shaving? Please help.
Tags: peeling, Skin
The peeling skin may be due to chafing skin. For chafing, he should wash the areas with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. He can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also ask him to wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.