Peeling skin, fissures, on thumbs and end of fingers x 5 years
About 5 years ago, after I moved from South Florida, to North Carolina, I started to get fissures on the end of my thumbs, peeling skin.  It would clear up and by two or three days later it would start all over again.  By year two, it had spread to the distal parts of index, middle, and ring fingers of both hands.  I never goes away.  I always had thickened skin, ready to fissure or peel.  I've been to at least 5 dematologists in the area, have tried all the Eczema creams and ointments, ie Protopic, Eladel; have had two rounds of skin allergy testing (negative); have had UV light therapy, have even been on a biologic (Raptiva) for a while.  Nothing has helped.  Of course I've also tried my own Rx ie vasoline with gloves at night, and all types of different lotions during the day.  I was first told it was Hand Eczema, later possible Atopic Dermatitis, and now I'm being treated like a Psoriasis pt with Psoriasis medication.  Don't know what to believe any more.  All I know is that I have terrible pain from the cracks and fissures, and want my hands to be like they were 5 years ago, soft and smooth.  I'm a nurse and do wash my hands a great deal, but have been doing so for 25 years.  It's nothing new.  Do you have any suggestions?