Peeling skin on the palm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Peeling skin on the palm

4118271?1237722594
I have a bizarre problem of peeling of skin on my palms. It happens just after winter ends and summer sets in. I have been noticing this every year during the months of March. Hope I get the cause and remedy for this problem in this forum. I have attached a photo as well.
Various possibilities such symptoms are trauma and allergic or irritant contact dermatitis like washing dishes without wearing gloves,contact with harsh detergents,soaps and lotions that contain perfume can cause hands to become irritated and peel.Sometimes cold, dry air can cause  peeling and dermatitis or fungal infections can also cause peeling. In your case I feel that it can be due to eczema or contact dermatitis.

Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Symptoms can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. During the day, hydrate and protect hands from sun damage and sunspots with a protective and moisturizing cream. At night, repair them with creams formulated from glycolic acid—a must for improving skin texture and tone. For a more intensive nighttime treatment, apply cream and then cover hands with gloves or socks.

If still the symptoms do not improve then pls get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist. Fungal infections have to be ruled out then.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Hello Kindd, you are so kind. Thanks for taking time and posting that reply. I will sure follow your advise and keep you posted on the improvement. Kind regards. bpsrini
I've had this condition for 15 years now.  It happens every year X2 like clockwork.  The cycle has just begun again.  Every year I look online to see if there is a cure / treatment and every year there isn't.  This looks horrible (especially if you have to show your hands or shake someones hand) and for me is extremely itchy and painful.  My dermatologist says "when they are moist dry them and when they are dry moisten them"  that's all he offered.  
Good luck with this people.  
Vitamin E oil does wonders. Grab a bottle from a local health foods store, and apply it where your skin is peeling.... Leave it on for 25-30 minutes, gently massaging once in a while, then wipe off excess with a towel and put on a gentle, unscented lotion. -OR- put it on before bed, and keep it on, wearing gloves to bed.