Pelvic area rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pelvic area rash

lets cut right to the chase.

i few days ago i had pimple/razor burn type thing in my pelvic area. i popped it. After bleeding, the next day it turned into a scab. but it was a scab that was easily itched off. After that more and more of these bumps started to occur. they look like dry skin almost and the tops of them fall off very easy. thus just spreading it more. it has not spread on to my penis but very close only the area above it where the pubic hair is. it seems to get better if i just avoid irritating the area at all but it is not really going away.

*note i also have eczema but this seems to be different

what is this?
what can i do to help it?
It can be due to folliculitis. Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. If there are recurrent boils, then please get your blood sugar levels estimated. Also then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.