Penal Skin Issues

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penal Skin Issues

For the past few months or so, I have noticed that the skin on my penis shaft, underneath the head, but above the circumcision line where the foreskin was, has begun to peel and become painful and red. I only notice this when I go to ejaculate and become erect. I have tried putting lotion on it when I'm flaccid, however nothing seems to work. I do not ejaculate often, about once or twice every 2 weeks, but the problem remains. I haven't had sexual intercourse in about a year, so that should not be the problem. I have thought that it might be the constrictive underwear that I wear, but there really isn't much if any chafing going on. I'm deeply concerned that this might go on for a long time and develop into a serious issue. Any suggestions? (I know for a fact this is not an STD)
One possibility for your symptoms is balanitis. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your help, however I have been circumcised, so the comment about pulling back the foreskin is somewhat irrelevant.