Penile Contact Dermatitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penile Contact Dermatitis

7018063?1309051971
Not sure if this question is going to a doctor or no but here is the situation, about 3 weeks ago I went to the gym (I go and run a lot and sometimes get really sweaty an nasty) anyways, as I was jumping in the shower I saw my underwear was red, seemed like I was bleeding from the outer layer of my penis. I also noticed my sex drive went down and every day after that when I would masturbate I would see cracked scaly skin on my shaft, also the more I stroked during an erection, some white stuff like chalk would cover the outside of my shaft, I could eaily wipe it away, it was dry. A week went by and I started to get a general feeling of discomfort down there (burning outside my genitals, and a uncomfortable feeling inside my penis), there was no discharge but i did notice one purple lesion and a few red spots around the penis--all the way around the shaft with a few gaps. I started freaking out at work and when I got scared, the burning got worse and the right side of my groin, where my testicles and my thigh meet (the crack) started to show cuts or cracks and bleed slightly 10 minutes after the burning sensation. The day before this happened, I went to the emergency room and the doctor told me it looks like irritation and not herpes. I couldn't stop thinking about it the next day at work so I freaked out again and went to the emergency room again (different doctor same hospital), then again this doctor said it looks irritated to me, he said I need to stop masturbating and keep the area clean until it heals (I would usually masturbate about 4 times a day, even after I had unprotected oral sex prior to this incident). He also gave me Mupirocin Ointment 2% to reduce the lesions or irritation on the outside. Anyways, I asked him if it looked like and STD and he said no, he said it was Contact Dermatitis. I do recall always masturbating without washing my hands and went through a stupid phase where I was receiving oral sex from women and usually washing my genitals 12 hours after the incident (I was washed up before oral sex but wouldn't usually wash after). It was about 3 oral sex encounters that were very wet--I wasn't really hygienic so now I shower constantly and wash and dry and clean up down there everyday. Anyways, after 7 days of applying the cream, the spots, lesions and burning sensations in my penis and groin area are gone. The feeling of discomfort is gone and the spots are slowly but surely fading. Now I have another issue, I get extremely fatigued 3 times throughout the day, sleep a lot, eat a lot, and have anxiety because I keep thinking its something bad, my heart also seems to speed up two or three times throughout the day (I had a heartbeat of 87 when it beats the most). I am constantly thinking about this situation, goggling all kinds of diseases, but why am I so tired and this feeling of malaise, I also feel depressed?

BTW The first day I started to feel discomfort down there, I thought it was Herpes immediately so I got a hold of some Acyclovir ointment and put it on, it didn't help and seemed to make it worst, it was not until the doctor gave me Mupirocin 2% that immediately things started to get better, but why am I tired, has the infection spread to my bloodstream?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks as usual

I also added a picture of what it looked like, the picture is a little excessive, mine was not that dark and fewer spots.
It does not look like herpes sores but can be due to contact dermatitis or balanoposthitis. It is an inflammation of the glans (glands) penis. Oral course of antibiotics is needed in addition to the topical Muirocin which you have been prescribed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.
Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi Doctor, this makes so much sense, thank your for the information. I keep thinking its HIV because I went through a week of sudden spurts of fatigue, then the fatigue went a away and I started to get yellow eyes and drowsey eyes for a week, now in the third week the drowsey and yellow eyes are starting to clear slowely, but I just have a general feeling of discomfort in my body with slight body or muscle aches. I sleep uncomfortably, feel great from 8am to 2pm, then the uncomfortability seems to come in the afternoon until I go to bed. I don't know even how to describe this overall feeling of uncofortability, it feels like malaise but then again if I really wanted to, I could run 5 miles.

Anyways, what's interesting is that when I shower and put the Muciporin on, I start feeling much cleaner and better. But as I consulted with so many doctors, they say its a bacterial infection of my penis and not HIV or Herpes. I font have a fever or soar throat, but I can tell my penis is not working the same way, things that would usually make me horny only do with initial stimulation with my hand, I feel I'm impetant, the ointment took all the unfomfortability away, but how do  I feel better overall and regain my sex drive and make my penis feel and hang the way it was before? I can also see that when its erect, the skin around the shaft is thinner? I found amoxxacillan and took it every six hours for 1 day orally,but  no significant change...what do you think, I have had a great deal of anxiety and no sleep over this issue?

I just want to know, can a penis infection make me feel so sick all over, I feel drowsey and sleepy all the time?
I am circumsized by the way.
I agree with your doctors that it is less likely to be due to herpes. However since you have had unprotected oral intercourse with women, I sincerely advise you to get HIV ruled out. Many people do not develop symptoms after they first get infected with HIV. Others have a flu-like illness within several days to weeks after exposure to the virus. So confirmation is only done by specific tests for HIV like western blot,PCR and ELISA.These tests may show accuracy after 6 weeks to 6 months as HIV antibodies take time to develop in the body.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Right doctor, but does what I described to you seem at all like HIV? I have not had a fever my highest was 98.6, no soar throat or headache or rashes that were visible?

Also, can my penile problem cause the symptoms I described?