Penile Cyst removal

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penile Cyst removal

Hello, for the past 2 or so years, I have had a slowly growing cyst near the bottom of my penis, and as of now it has grown to an odd shaped lump about 1" square. It sometimes aches, but nothing too serious. The main concern is the aesthetics of it. It just looks bad and is an obvious feature.

I went to a Urologist who said it was water filled, but he said that removal would definitely leave a huge scar, and draining is not an option because it would just fill up again.

My question is couldnt a small incision be made near the cyst, and it drained, and the leak in the wall could be repaired? Honestly, I really want this thing gone and as far as I can tell, its been progressing down farther towards the anus, getting bigger.

Im thinking sooner is better than later, any opinions?

Thanks!
Avatar dr f tn
HI,

Even if the cyst is drained, it will eventually recur. It has to be removed to avoid future recurrences. You could discuss with your doctor the aesthetics or be referred to a specialist  or plastic surgeon if  the scar is indeed big and bothersome. Take care and do keep us posted.