Penile Psoriasis
Hello, my name is david and i am 19 years old. I have had Penile psoriasis for about 5 years. most of the time I let it be and it goes away over time, but their has been one spot on the base of my penis shaft that is not going away. it has been their for almost a year and i have tried hydrocortisone on it and that seems to get rid of it for a few weeks but then it comes back in the exact same spot. I have used hydrocortisone if you add it up over time, for about 3 weeks. I don't want to use it anymore because it seems to be minimally effective and i don't want my skin to thin. Today i found 40% Urea cream in my house and I was wondering if this might work and what would be the side effects? Thank you
-David
First of you should not use the urea cream without a dermatologist’s guidance. It can be due to dermatitis skin, eczema skin or psoriasis skin. Psoriasis is a long-term (chronic) skin problem that causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin.It is thought that psoriasis occurs when the immune system overreacts, causing inflammation and flaking of skin.

Get this patch biopsied to confirm the diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.