Penile and Testicle Hair follicles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penile and Testicle Hair follicles

I am a 23 yr old sexually active male. I am in healthy condition, and very athletic. I have a bump in between my scrotum and penis. It is not full circle bump but rather like a small line probably 2-3cm, it also seems like there is  smaller bump next to this one as well. It is red or white at times and hurts. I have had it for over 3 months now. Sometimes the bump will not be inflamed and other times it is severely inflamed. Recently since april 1st the hair follicles all around my penis and scrotum have been inflamed and burning.

I have seen 4 doctors (STD clinic, General Practitioner, Urologist, and Dermatologist). I have been tested negative for all STD's. None of which can say what is wrong. I have told them these symptom and they have not given me an answer. The Urologist gave me triclo ( I don't recall the name but its a steroid for itching) which he said it might not help. The Dermatologist gave me alcotizone ( I cant recall the name). Its an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory/ light steroidal gel. I have used the gel for 2 days now and the hair follicles are still inflamed.

I used to shave in this area so I am not sure if this has caused the problem. With sexual activity it makes it worse so I have refrained from such.

I have a cyst on my bladder that my Urologist has not yet done a biopsy on, could this cyst be causing this?

Could the bump be an infected hair follicle? I feel like it might have something to do with the hair not being able to grow or something.

Could it be viral or auto-immune problems?

I can provide a photo.
It can be an infected cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin.They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

If it is an infected sebaceous cyst could that be causing my hair follicles to be burning and inflamed?