Penile irritation after sex

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penile irritation after sex

Ok, approximately a year and a half ago, I started having an issue where after intercourse, my penis would be raw, and hurt severely.  It would even get to a pealing skin point after about a day or two of healing.  Me and my girlfriend had then separated due to her joining the coast guard, in which time it healed completely.  Me and her have recently gotten back together (about 1 year after separating) and the issue has started up again.   I have had sex with two others in between that time, and never had an issue, but now that I am back with her, the issue is starting again, and actually seems worse than before.  She has no irritation of any sort, so I do not believe it to be any form of STD, seeing as we were exclusive for nearly two years before it started happening the first time.  I am worried that possibly something between the chemistry of us together is causing it?  Since evidence points out that it does not happen with others or when not having sex.  I wish to find out what is wrong, but do not have insurance to just go to a doctor to find out.  Any insight would be great.............