Penis Chafing ?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penis Chafing ?

Hi , I am 25 .  I had hours of unprotected sex with a new girlfriend for the first time , within a weeks time the base of my penis was pretty chafed .. I was sure from the sensation that this came from her stubbly pubic hairs .. the redness and sores lasted about another 10 days , during which I laid of sex with this woman .  When we got back together maybe three weeks later as soon as we started intercourse the same areas again started hurting and reddening , I ignored it .. now after not being with this woman for about 2 months .. I still have a group of little rounded painless bumps that are pink to skin colored in the area that was chafed right above the base of my penis .. I tried putting vineger on them and no change in color was noticeable.
I am friends with this woman and she says she has never had any warts or bumps and has a clean pap smear.
Is this how a penis scars? .. bumpy?

This discussion is related to Fear of Herpes or other STD.

This could be acne, folliculitis, pimples, dermatitis , eczema or allergic skin reaction to some unknown substance, genital warts, etc.

Are you allergic to any specific substances? Have you taken any medications for the lesions?

You should keep the areas clean, wear lose comfortable clothes to avoid sweating, use a powder to keep the areas dry , use calamine lotion at the sites. Oral antihistamine medications would help if the lesions are itchy.

If your symptoms persist it would be best to consult a skin specialist because nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
Thanks for helping .. the lesions look like the molluscum contagiosum pictures on dermnet.com .. Is this a possibility ?

'Molluscum contagiosum lesions are flesh-colored, dome-shaped, and pearly in appearance. They are often 1-5 millimeters in diameter, with a dimpled center. They are generally not painful, but they may itch or become irritated. Picking or scratching the bumps may lead to further infection or scarring. In about 10% of the cases, eczema develops around the lesions. They may occasionally be complicated by secondary bacterial infections.

The central waxy core contains the virus. In a process called autoinoculation, the virus may spread to neighboring skin areas. Children are particularly susceptible to auto-inoculation, and may have widespread clusters of lesions.

The time from infection to the appearance of lesions ranges from 2 week to 6 months, with an average incubation period of 6 weeks. Diagnosis is made on the clinical appearance; the virus cannot routinely be cultured.

In adults, molluscum infections are often sexually transmitted and usually affect the genitals, lower abdomen, buttocks, and inner thighs. In rare cases, molluscum infections are also found on the lips, mouth, and eyelids.'

You could read more about the condition at the following links -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molluscum_contagiosum

and

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/molluscum-contagiosum/DS00672

'Molluscum contagiosum spreads through direct person-to-person contact and through contact with contaminated objects. Because it spreads easily, doctors often recommend medical treatment, especially for adults.'

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
Son of a Beach!  it was gential (genital) warts ! Son of a Beach!  
I went to a dermatoligist, the appointment lasted like 5 minutes , she saw the warts and went and grabbed the liquid nitrogen to give them a blast.

I guess I have to let these warts clear up for a year , after then I am no longer at high risk to transmit the infection .. correct?

Thanks for helping me ,, what a great site !

'Genital warts may disappear without treatment, but sometimes eventually develop a fleshy, small raised growth. There is no way to predict whether they will grow or disappear.

According to the Center for Disease Control's report on HPV to Congress in 2004, studies have shown that 70% of new HPV infections clear within one year, and as many as 91% clear within two years.

Genital warts (condylomata) should not be confused with Molluscum contagiosum (MC), which is often transmitted sexually, but does not occur internally as do condylomata. MC looks like small warts, which are much smaller than condylomata genital warts. It does not increase the risk of cervical cancer for women. Genital warts should not be confused with Fordyce's spots, which are considered benign.'

You could read more about the condition at the following link-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_wart

Regards.