Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis Fungal Infection
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Penis Fungal Infection

I was diagnosed with a fungal infection on my penis about a month ago and the doctor prescribed me clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropriate cream.  This did take away the fungal infection.  I used this medication for two weeks before i could get into see a dermatoligist By the time the dermatoligist looked all the symptoms were gone.  The dermatologist was very upset that the doc at the walk in clinic prescribed the clotrimazole and betamethasone creme due to stretching and thinning of the skin.  Now I am scared as hell...  Because she said stretching cannot be fixed..  I have noticed some changes down there and the skin seems quite a bit looser.   Was this a total screw up by my walk in clinic doc.  What are the side effects of skin stretching on the penis.  Please help me out......
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
OK. Forget about it.  The steroid component (betamethasone) of the cream you used is a bit strong for use on the penis.  If you used it a long time it could--temporarily--make the skin a bit thinner.  But you didn't use it very long, and the thinning, even if had occurred, which I'm sure it didn't, would be, as I said, temporary.  So please don't start staring at your penis looking for signs of permanent damage.  I'm sure that's not what your dermatologist meant for you to do.  Incidentally, I doubt you had a fungus.  More likely it was mild eczema, which the cortisone component of the cream took care of.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, fungal infection was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker