Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis Gland Swollen

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Penis Gland Swollen

Over the past month I have noticed that the area just in back of my penis gland head becomes swollen following sex and/or masterbation (masturbation).  It eventually goes back to it normal size but I have noticed that just beneath the gland is something like a cord which seems to be more unevenly pronounced than I've ever noticed.  I was circumsized after I became an adult about 20 years ago so I have always had a little extra skin, which on occasion, can cover part of the head.  But now that doesn't happen.  Instead, just the area where the circumcision cut exist tends to get swollen. I don't have any discharge, redness, itching or pain.  Just the cord seems to be more pronounced as I feel around the base of the penis gland. Is this ever a problem following adult circumcision or is this something more serious? Please Help.
Bojack 6/19/2005
It doesn't sound serious, but you're going to need to consult a urologist to figure out what it is.  Meantime, treat the area as gently as you can.  I suspect that your problem has more to do with friction than with anything else.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff