Penis Glans(glands) Bumps - follow up

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penis Glans(glands) Bumps - follow up

Sorry to post this again, but I wasn't sure if it would be seen:

Vanessa thank you for your help.  Are you a doctor?  I am new to this site so I wasn't sure.  I have posted a picture of my penis glans (glands) on my profile which shows some of the bumps.  The picture is not of the best focus quality, but it at least gives an idea of the location and size.  

I'm going to change the daily soap I use, what would be a good daily cleanser, or what should I avoid in a cleanser?  Also, should I be using some kind of oil when masterbating (masturbating), if so what?

Thanks for your help, I am going to change my routine for the next couple of weeks and see what happens.

My original post:
I have recently over the past few months developed several (about 9 or 10) very small bumps on the head of my penis.  They look a little like blisters/pimples or scars, but are very small and do not hurt.  These bumps are randomly on the head of my penis, so I don't think they could be pearly penile papules.

I masterbate about 5 or 6 times a week, and every once in a while my masterbation (masturbation) session may last a half hour or more.  I have not had any sexual contact at all in over six years, so I can't imagine this is any kind of sexually transmitted disease.

I am 34 and have been masterbating (masturbating) most of my life, I have never used any kind of oil.   Is it possible these are just heat blisters from masterbating (masturbating), and since I'm getting older my body just doesn't heal as well?

by Vanessa Lacuesta:

This may be caused by mild skin irritation on the glans (glands) penis. The glans (glands) penis is fragile and sensitive due to a thinner covering of skin on the area. This may render the glans (glands) penis readily irritated by frequent manipulation. I suggest that you avoid further manipulation of the area. Wash the area well with a mild cleanser and keep the skin dry. This may be a case of balanitis. Balanitis refers to a skin condition involving the glans (glands) penis only. This is not necessarily a sexually transmitted disease.

Refrain from touching or manipulating the area and observe if the skin improves

Avatar_dr_f_tn

Use Cetaphil cleanser as this is not abrasive and has moisturizing qualities also. I would not advise using oil or any creams on the area until the bumps have fully resolved. Manipulating the genitalia may irritate the skin. As the skin of the glans (glands) penis is very sensitive, then these would mean further injury which could lead to infections.

Balanitis as I have mentioned is not an STD but mechanical trauma and certain infections may comprise balanitis. If the bumps persist then you may need to have this assessed further as this may need topical medications.