Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis Irritation (years now)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Penis Irritation (years now)
For as long as I have been masturbating and sexually active I've experienced both redness and irritation on my upper penis and penis head following sex and or masturbation.  I have blonde hair and blue eyes hence very pale and sensitive skin.  If I have sex or masturbate too often I have to wait a few days for the skin to heal. Typical healing consists of the penis skin hardening or flaking just like any wound on your body would heal (and the cycle continues) I use lubricant, but the skin around the penis is still damaged each time there is prolonged amount of friction. I've gone as long as a month with no sexual activity or masturbation letting the skin heal.  The skin looks and feels great but only withstands a few sexual sessions and is back to the same old problem. Is there anything I can do or take to toughen or thicken the skin on my penis?   I have no STD's.
If it's just redness, you don't have to do anything.  If the skin is actually flaky, scaly, or irritated, then perhaps 1% hydrocortisone might help, along with minimizing of friction by using lubrication before sex, etc.  If you haven't shown this problem to a doctor, you should by all means do so, when the irritation is visible.  Taking along a photo might help.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff