Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis Pigmentation
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Penis Pigmentation

Hi,

I am a 27 year old male and from an early age have been embarassed about the pigmentation of my penis. I have olive colored skin over most of my body. My penis and testicles are a much darker brown than the rest of my body until about 3/4 of the way up the shaft to the circumcision scar, and then from there to the tip of the penis my skin is pink.

I would like to know how common a stark contrast of pigmentation is and what causes it. Is this common or normal?

Thanks

Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
You may have vitiligo, a condition in which the pigment goes away.  This can leave the skin white or pink.  Not much to do about it, but it doesn't mean much.  Ask a doctor yo have a look, so you'll know for sure.  No reason for you to be embarrassed after all this time.  Find out.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
I meet this guy, and he's really nice.  We have been talking a lil while, and he want to have sex.  I thought about it, but I'm scared because his penis is really pink, and looks to have white flakey stuff around the head of it.  He's say that there is nothing wrong. but I'm not sure.  Is It this normal for a guys penis to look like that. he also state that he use comdoms, but they give him a rash, so could this also be the problem. he could be mister right. but his penis just looks so wrong.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker