Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis Pimples??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Penis Pimples??

Hi Doc,

I wrote you back on 3/7/05 (Folliculitis/Yeast/Herpes). My STD clinic has reffered me to a dermatologist as they claim Im STD free as I tested negative for everything (herpes, HIV, etc) over 2 months from last sexual contact. My urologist diagnosed the problem i wrote about back in March as Molluscum. The funny thing was I went to the STD clinic for treatment and they said i didnt have it, maybe some pimples or something. They showed me some pics of it and I agreed I didnt have it. The problem now is that I have these tiny red circles (pin sized or smaller) all over different parts of my penis. The STD clinic said it was nothing to worry about and I should see a dermatologist if concerned. Im 26 and still have acne on my face from time to time. Could this carry over to my genital area? I recently had a skin colored pimple that popped when barely picked at. It bleed heavily. Nothing has ever blistered up and the "bumps" do not appear in clusters. Everything has bleed when picked at and itches once in a while as they heel up. Im wondering what to ask the dermatoligist. I havent made an appointment yet as money is tight right now, but hopefully my insurance provider will give the green light. It seems these red bumps appear on the vein line and are mainly under the skin. They look like normanl skin glands, but some have some redness to them. What does it sound like i have? I know you can't diagnose anything online. I hope its treatable as it very annoying and is causing me too much anxiety than it should. Thanks for your help and God bless you.
Acne doesn't affect the penis.  I think what you have are normal variations of what penises can look like.  I think you ought to ask the dermatologist to tell you what they are.  Once you are convinced that they are nothing to worry about, then you should be able to get rid of your anxiety.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I forgot to add that it leaves a skin colored "donut shaped" appearance to the pimples or red spots. I've been told not to worry by the STD clinic as herpes would not last more than a week, they are not clustered or blistered, and nothing but blood has come out of them. Also my test at 9-10 weeks was highly accurate. Do you agree with these? Thanks again and god bless.
I agree with your STD clinic.  The blood test (negative, I assume) is very helpful.

Dr. Rockoff
Hi I have NOT been sexualy active ever...im a virgin but I masterbate alot...and I have gotten these red pimple looking rows on the rim of my head on my penis about 3 months ago and i havnt found anything about it on the net not beeing sexualy active!! so please help me because I very nervous thank u

Chad
A related discussion, Pimple like on shaft of paenis. was started.
A related discussion, penile pimples? was started.