Penis Problem (with picture)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penis Problem (with picture)

6430470?1291762092
I've had problems with the top of my penis for 15 months.... the skin has been very irriated in the centre and won't heal... I've been very intimate with my girlfriend recently and noticed a small scar form at the tip down the centre of my head,,,,... I'm very afraid it will turn into something more serious... and split

The skin is more scaly in the centre - pinker, very raw and irritated..... and getting worse...

I've ordered Neosporin Maximum strength and will use it when it arrives....

I've attached a picture

Help!
It looks like chafing skin. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I hope you have this problem sorted, if you haven't yet...

It does appear that you need to use product of some kind on this; however, considering the location of the irritation, you need to be careful what you use.

Obviously, I recomend you vist your local surgery and get it checked out in person.
One thing I would recomend is a cream called 'Aqueous cream'. It is basically a light, non-greasy moisturiser that is made from a mixture of emulsifying ointment (it does contain paraffin oils) and water, with phenoxyethanol as an antimicrobial preservative.

So really what this product will do is moisturize, while keeping it clean too.
See how it goes, it is a cheap product.

Like i say, go get it checked out, just to be safe.

I hope all gets well, keep myself and anybody else who posts advice updated please. Good luck. :)