Penis Shaft Irritation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penis Shaft Irritation

I have had rough intercourse with my girlfriend for a few days now. It turns out that the shaft of my penis has been irritated, it has little cuts and sometimes the skin is dry. I always try to apply water whenever I use the bathroom, which is quite a lot because i drink 2 liters of water everyday. I have looked for a solution to the problem in other forums and have read that neosporin has helped. Now, i do not want to go ahead and apply something to such a delicate part of the body, but the irritation is driving me crazy. It hurts with the friction of clothing, and even when my girlfriend touches it.
The cuts, and irritation has most likely come from friction (to rough on the poor guy) and it has been red (irritated) for like 2 to 4 days...I have had the same problem before but it healed in a week...But now it is really irritated. I do not have any STD and i know it is an irritation of the skin because it has happened to me before.

Any help on what should I put on it to help the healing process and prevent from happening again?

Thank you!
From the symptoms it can be friction rub or chafing. Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.
Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.