Penis Skin Damage

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penis Skin Damage

Hey

I am 24 years old and been masturbating for many years. I have some damage to the skin on the underside of my penis below the head. I am circumcised and the damage is from frequent masturbation. I have had this damage for a number of years but I ignored it regretfully. I have now stopped masturbating for over two weeks, but I have not seen a difference yet. The skin damage is a round circular area half the size of a penny. It is red mostly, with a bit of a dark color towards the center. The skin on it feels just a bit rougher, than the rest of my skin. It does not hurt, it is not cut, and it is not bruised.

Could you please help me with treating this? I really want a way to make this heal faster, or to heal at all for that matter. I am interested in someone and fear that I may have to let her pass me by, if I cannot make this heal soon. I've never seriously dated a girl before and really don't want to pass on such a great one. I am afraid to make a move because I fear I'll scare her away if she sees or knows my problem. I highly regret letting myself do this to myself and feel like such an idiot.

Thank you
Just want to add that, I am willing to post pictures of it.
Could someone help me out please?
This rash can be due to chafing skin. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments.Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful but it should be used under a dermatologist’s guidance .If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.