Penis (around frenulum/ridge area) dryness, pain, and small faintly dis...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penis (around frenulum/ridge area) dryness, pain, and small faintly discolored bumps

Brief history: I'm a male, 23 yo, circumcised, and I haven't had sexual contact.

Symptoms: I don't know if this was a precursor, but before this particular problem broke out I had itching on the top right side (from my POV) below the ridge, that was about 5 days ago; I have had itching in that spot before but nothing like what I'm currently experiencing has ever happened to me before. I scratched it some, but I don't think I was scratching it incessantly. Since then, I've developed something around my ridge area from on and under my frenulum continuing to the right side (from my POV) under the ridge area. The area does not appear to be discolored, it seems very dry to the touch (relative to what I normally experience) and somewhat cracked, and it causes stinging pain with any kind of touch or friction. There are a few small raised bumps off to the right side that are faintly discolored, a lighter shade (I'm caucasian,) they are definitely not red bumps, but they are not plainly white bumps either from what I can tell. There is also a wider protrusion right under my frenulum that isn't very highly raised but is more painful than the smaller bumps, and it appears cracked. The rest of my penis seems normal visually and to the touch. This has been developing over the last 3-4 days, earlier on it was itching a little bit, and I still get that sensation a little, but mostly it's just stinging pain now. I applied normal water-based lotion to it a few times, was that a bad thing to do?

Also, for the last 5 days or so I've been experiencing a burning sensation when I urinate. I've never had that sensation before, but I guess I'd call it mild and not exactly unbearable pain. It's been subsiding but I still feel it. Obviously that's not a skin condition, but it seems like too much of a coincidence not to mention it as a possible symptom.

Please help, I'm worried and seeing a doctor isn't an easy decision for me.
The bumps/protrusions are starting to look more grey. It's becoming clear that it isn't just below my frenulum but along my frenulum and it looks like some kind of spots on the next to my frenulum on the head. I'm not quite sure if I've been explaining it right, but it's very dry.
Please, I need help.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be eczema. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water and do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

Also use mild steroid cream and good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.

Well, I went to my school clinic for an exam. The physician said that they were abrasions probably due to dryness and friction, but I can't recall anything happening that severe happening to it. He told me to apply neosporin to prevent infections and moisturizer for the dryness, and come back in a week if it doesn't improve. They feel like they are beginning to scab, They still itch some and sting intermittently. I'm kind of worried about possible scarring since that probably wouldn't look to pretty and it goes right along my frenulum, which is obviously important to me. Is there anything more I can be doing to prevent possible scarring?