Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis 'boils'

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Penis 'boils'
Hello.  A few years back during my more sexually active days I came down with "boils" on my penis.  They were redish, felt like something under the skin and would eventually sort of open, drain and go away.  I hadn't had them for a few years (4-5) My present girlfriend had been away recently and after about 5-6 weeks upon her return I noticed the boils were back.  I've not been with anyone for more than a year.  Is this just a re-occuring condition that was dormant or does it relate to perhaps something she contracted during her absence in regards to her possible (sexual) infidelity.
Don't really know.  These don't sound like an STD.  The description reminds me most of blocked follicles from friction and moisture.  My advice is to leave the bumps alone so as not to confuse the issue and show them to a doctor, so you'll know what they are and not have to worry about disease, infidelity, and so forth.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, Boil was started.