Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis hair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Penis hair

Over the past year, I have noticed a signifigant amount of coarse hair on the shaft of my penis. I first started to pluck the single hairs, but this was painstakingly long and frustrating. I then tried to shave it with a razor, but this only added more discomfort and irritation. I have read online there is creams and gadgets to take care of the problem, but I am very skepical. Is there a cream to maybe thin the hair? Is tweezers the only way to give me a smooth shaft? Is laser surgery the only way to truly get rid of this. If you can you offer any information or suggestions to help remove this problem I would seriosly appreciate it.
Like hair anywhere else, hair on the penis can be taken off temporarily by shaving, plucking or tweezing, or can be removed in a more long-lasting way by electrolysis or laser.  Laser works quite well, and is not very painful.  If the hair bothers you that much, you should look into it.  Many laser operators, like most electrologists, are women, but not all, so you should ask about that when you go for a consultation.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, saving pubic hair was started.