Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis hair
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Penis hair

Over the past year, I have noticed a signifigant amount of coarse hair on the shaft of my penis. I first started to pluck the single hairs, but this was painstakingly long and frustrating. I then tried to shave it with a razor, but this only added more discomfort and irritation. I have read online there is creams and gadgets to take care of the problem, but I am very skepical. Is there a cream to maybe thin the hair? Is tweezers the only way to give me a smooth shaft? Is laser surgery the only way to truly get rid of this. If you can you offer any information or suggestions to help remove this problem I would seriosly appreciate it.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Like hair anywhere else, hair on the penis can be taken off temporarily by shaving, plucking or tweezing, or can be removed in a more long-lasting way by electrolysis or laser.  Laser works quite well, and is not very painful.  If the hair bothers you that much, you should look into it.  Many laser operators, like most electrologists, are women, but not all, so you should ask about that when you go for a consultation.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, saving pubic hair was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker