Penis head itch
Recently, the head of my uncircumsized penis was itching very badly. I noticed the head was very red and it hurt a little bit to pull the skin back. A day or two later, I realized the area was flaking dead skin that I could easily brush off. The area is not dry, it seems to be excessively moist, but that could be just me. It has been going on for about a week now. What could this be?
I should add that I am sexually active, and have had unprotected sex recently.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic),excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis,fungal infections or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .Even sexually transmitted diseases cannot be ruled out as it is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact during oral, genital, or anal sex with an infected partner.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash.You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.You can also use a barrier cream with calamine lotion on the rash. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. Some of the creams containing these ingredients are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.If the symptoms persist then pls get a dermatologist’s evaluation and get STD’s ruled out.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.