Dermatology Community
Penis head rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Penis head rash

Hi!

Last night I felt some itchiness when making love to my girlfriend but just thought it's an itch.  This morning, we had it again and the itch became more noticeable.  There was a slight burning sensation to it.   After examination, I noticed there were a lot of small red bumps.  I took a shower, cleaned the head, and laid a thin film of diprosone on it.  I am uncircumcized.   I want to know what was wrong with it.  Thank you.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
This could be a yeast infection or it could be an allergic reaction to the condom or any personal care products used in the process, either by you or your partner.
A yeast infection is the name for a common infection caused by a type of yeast-like fungus called Candida. It could be from sexual Transmission from a female with a vaginal yeast infection.
Commonly presents as irritation and soreness of the head of the penis, severe itching on the head of the penis or red color on the head of the penis.
It is easily cured with creams containing miconazole (MICATIN, MONISTAT) or  clotrimazole (LOTRIMIN, MYCELEX).
If it is due to allergy you can take oral anti-histamines and apply mild Corticosteroid ointment to the area.

Blank
Thank you for your prompt reply, Dr. Aparna.  Much appreciated.  I've just got back from a trip.   I don't use condom (since I am only with one person).  

How will I know whether the rash is from vaginal yeast infection or from personal care product?  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...