Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis head rush and discomfort

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Penis head rush and discomfort
Dr. Rockoff,

About 10 days ago I have noticed a few (3-5) small reddish areas or spots (very small) on the head of my penis. The spots were accompanied by a feeling of discomfort, at times resembling itching, albeit a weak one. Furthermore, the spots were most visible during or immediately after showering (i.e. in contact with water).

I have had a fairly stable sexual partner with whom I lived for most of the past 8 years. She has no STD
The rash you describe sounds like irritation, nothing more.  It does not sound like herpes or yeast.  I would add that the doctor's comment that your partner's frequent yeast infections might imply a weakened immune system and HIV is, to put it gently, overdrawn--women get yeast infections all the time.   My advice is to get your rash examined by a dermatologist or STD specialist so you, in all likelihood, ignore it.  A dermatologist would be best to evaluate the spots on your arms, which seem to me to be completely unrelated.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Dr. Rockoff,

Just this evening I got my HIV tests back and they came in negative (ELISA test type). So this is off my chest, but I still don't understand why the sudden sensitivity and mild rash (for, I forgot to mention, those few dots eventually transformed into a general discolornment of the penis head... kind of like it was irritated).

Thank you for all your time & advice!

Regards,
Andy
Irritation can come on suddenly, from friction, etc.

Dr. Rockoff
Have you been with a hooker lately? That can explain much.
A related discussion, small rush on penis was started.
A related discussion, penis rushes nad cut was started.
A related discussion, what cream do i use for a rush on my head penis was started.
I also got small spots on my penis inside and I'm scared 2 go 2 da clinic oh doctor what must I do?