Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis head sensitive

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Penis head sensitive

I am 26, male.  I have had an STD (chlamidea) 2 years ago. Was cleared up to my knowledge. I have been having sex with the same girl for 8 months (she was clear).

while getting oral sex I noticed a very strange and intense irritation on the head of my penis (3 months ago).  During intercoarse it's fine - I think due to the lubrication.  I had to start covering the area on the head of my penis due to the intense sensitivity during my normal day (walking around etc).  there are no spots or marks that I can see - area seems to be about 1 centimeter in diameter.  It's so sensitive It runs through other parts of my body's nerves. it's ok if lubricated  

The sex is a little different - The girl likes to slide up and down on my penis with it rubbing against me - not inside her. She can climax that way.  then regular intercoarse.  I thought this constant friction on the head of my penis against my own body might have caused it - or it's some strange std.  There are no marks, bumps etc... ?  

if it's not sensitive one day it seems to come back the next .

could it be from the strange friction or could it be some virus that isn't showing obvious symptoms?
It sounds like irritation, not any STD that I can think of.  Anything you can do to minimize friction is advised.  As a trial, you may want to consider more conventional sexual activity for a while just to see if it makes any difference.  But the sensitivity sounds like more of a nuisance than a real problem.  If it persists, a visit to a skin doctor seems like a good idea.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Hi the im 14 and the head of penis is very sensitive, when i touch it, it hurts. Is this normal. I am uncirrcumsized and i was wondering if this was uncommon
hi im 15 and uncircumsized...the other day i masterbated and a few days later i developed little tiny red dots but i had gotten once before a few weeks ago and they go away by itself..they are itchy and its really bugging me... is it friction or am i allergic to the soap i use? plz anser back