Penis head skin peeling

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penis head skin peeling

The skin around the head of my penis is peeling and the tip itches.  I am not circumcised.  I have not had sexual intercourse in more than 6 months (my fiance is pregnant and doctor recommended no sexual activity due to her high risk pregnancy), I masturbate a few times a month, fiance gives me oral sex.  Don't believe it to be a STD.  This has appeared all the sudden.  Any advice on what it could be and how to cure it?
Tags: penis
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This could be due to an irritation or infection. Fungal infection of the groin or tinea cruris may present  as itching or burning sensation in the groin area. Affected areas may appear red, tan, or brown, with flaking or peeling skin.  Fungus loves a warm, damp environment  such as the groin. Tinea cruris is often treated with antifungal drugs applied topically. It is important to keep the area clean and dry. In people who are not circumcised, it is also recommended to pull back the foreskin and clean to prevent build up of organism and smegma.

Take care and keep us posted.