Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis infections

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Penis infections

I have been HSV2 positive for 14 years but a series of other problems began about 2 years ago. First areas on the head of my penis began to turn white, maybe chronic yeast infection? Now after having unprotected sex I have small blister like lesions on the head of my penis that form circles about 1/16 of an inch around. Doctors give me ointments but that keeps coming back. Some say thats herpes but I know my body and breakouts. It's not herpes. Related...unrelated...any ideas?
The white color on the head of the penis may be vitiligo, a harmless loss of pigment common in the area.  A dermatologist can use a Wood's light (ultraviolet) to tell if this is so.  The "blisterlike" lesions are, I agree, not likely to be herpes and more likely to be secondary to friction, but again, a doctor would need to see them and perhaps culture them to tell for sure.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Hi. 4 days ago I noticed a small red pimple-like bump on the very tip of my penis, just under the opening in the very center. It had a dark, scab-like center and grew a little in size. Last night I noticed a small red dot on the shaft, on the foreskin, on the top of my penis. Both dots appeard after having unprotected sex. The dot are both ring-like, but no discharge. Not bubbly or clustered. I have been putting a triple antibiotic on the one on the tip, and have not yet done anything to the other one. I have an appt. with my GP in 3 days, and have recently requested, and recevied, an STD screen. We are to discuss the results during the appt. but he won't disclose the results over the phone. From the pictures I have seen, this does not look like genital warts, but I am freaking out nonetheless. Please help. Thank you so much.
Hi just a few days ago i devolped a pinkish red area around under the head of my penis, there is another small spot on the top of the penis. Do you have any clue what this could be and how to get rid of it?
Hello I have had some problems with my penis lately well for a while now I have got it checked but the clinic keeps saying its nothing i get small bumps on the penis and a rash around the foreskin with small bumps too with red spots they come and go also they goo away for a while after I shower or wash off the bumps on the head kind of look like little bubbles that dry off and the skin kind of peels a little when they dry off also the penis seems too have a bad smell often if I dont wash it constant this worries me cause the clinic says its nothing but my simtoms dont make me feel that way they doo kind of goo away if I dont have sex for a while and this is only on the penis  that it happes the head and under the for skin that cover the head not the rest of the skin just the  one that folds in and out. thanks if some one can answear me back on this i'm really worried.