Penis is tacky/moist feeling

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Penis is tacky/moist feeling

After using hydrocortisone two months ago for approx. ten days to clear up an itchy rash (which stopped itching thankfully), the skin on my scrotum and penis feels damp and tacky to the touch, e and too soft (velvety, like a baby's...) all the time.

There is no itching, but the penis skin especially does not feel "normal". Some relief from the damp feeling (but not the skin softness) is afforded by letting the affected parts hang out in the fresh air, but not being a naturist, I am forced to cover up most days.

Can you please explain what is going on and recommend a prescription medicine or ointment and skin care regimen that might give my parts back their old, dry, strong skin, regular sensitivity feeling? Thanks.

Possible Contributing Factor: Being single, I often (5-7 times per week) pleasure myself using Lubriderm or Vaseline. Could this be contributing to my symptoms and do you recommend I use a different or no lubricant?

- and sometimes it seems a bit "glossy" looking - especially the glans (glands). Also I have noticed my glans (glands) seems to be more red sometimes. Just the top - and you can see a red dot on the glans (glands) somtimes - it may be there in the morning and when I look at noon the redness is gone and it looks pretty normal - then in the evening it may be a bit red again. I began thinking mild herpes breakout but it never "goes away" I t may be here today gone tomorrow then back the next for awhile.

But generally the "tacky" feeling of my penis is usually there -

Thanks for any input -