Dermatology Expert Forum
Penis skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Penis skin

I have had skin peeling from foreskin. It leaves redness. It heals with topical meds. and then returns in day or two. What could this be? What is cure and where do I find the meds? Any other advice or knowledgs will be helpful' Please email me the answer as soon as possible.
You don't say which topical meds help (steroids? antifungals?), but most likely you have balanitis, or eczema of the penis.  This can be controlled very easily with mild cortisone or other topical creams, but tends to come back as a result of friction, etc.  You should ask the doctor who prescribed the creams that help--that's the best way to get a good and full answer to your questions.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Avatar n tn
I HAVE A QUESTION... I WAS TRIMMING MY PUBIC HAIRS AND ACIDENTALLY CUT A TINY TINY REAL TINY PIECE OF SKIN OFF MY PENIS (NOT NEAR TIP) WAYYY BEHIND THE FORESKIN BASICALLY NEAR THE BEGING. WHAT IS THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN TO ME ? WILL IT HEAL FAST?
Avatar n tn
   I'm a teenager and have never had any sexual contact besides kissing. I have almost the exact same thing as the above people have described. I was wondering what you reccomend I should do and if there is anyway I can treat and cure it at home? Thanks very much.

Leafe
Avatar n tn
sorry I posted the above in the wrong section...