Dermatology Community
Perioral Dermitis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Perioral Dermitis

I am a man and they say it is rare for a man to get Perioral Dermitis,but that is what I have been diagnosed with. I am 31 yrs old, and have been givin numerous medications with no avail. I have been givin tetracyclyne,cutivate mixed with oxystat, cloderm mixed with naftifine, prednisone .05% hydrocortisone cream mixed with flurandrenolide lotion, desonide I just went back to the same dermatoligist today and he injected it this time with what he said was pretty much the same as the cutivate and oxystat, and gave me desoximetsone to rub on. The condition is redness around the corners of my mouth and chin I have been dealing with this for sometime and is very embarrasing, can anyone give me advice and will high blood sugar cause this.
Tags: perioral
Related Discussions
Hi,
Perioral dermatitis is a skin disorder characterized by tiny red papules (bumps) around the mouth.It is usually characterized by an uncomfortable burning sensation around the mouth.
A culture for bacteria may sometimes be needed to eliminate the possibility of infection.
Generally, steroid creams should not be used to treat perioral dermatitis. You may choose to treat these lesions with other topical medications, such as metronidazole, erythromycin, benzoyl peroxide, tacrolimus, or pimecrolimus.
In more severe cases, oral antibiotics (such as tetracycline, doxycycline, minocycline, or erythromycin) may be required.
Perioral dermatitis is a difficult condition to treat effectively, often requiring several months of treatment.
Recurrences are common, particularly if topical steroids are reapplied to the face.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/adam1001455

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank