Dermatology Community
Perleche (please help)
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Perleche (please help)

Hello,

I have had (after doing research) what seems to be "angular cheilitis" or "perleche" for 2+ months. I have been to a doctor twice and gotten different creams for a yeast infection and used it every day until it was gone but it didn't get any better. Also have used OTC yeast creams. I even completely changed my diet to no sugar/yeast/wheat/or gluten and have tried vitamins of all sorts. (Taken B complex and iron after reading that may be the cause). I have also tried natural remedies such as coconut oil, antibacterial dish soap, raw garlic etc. and it hasn't improved. Every time I think it is healing *crack* it opens again. It is very painful when eating or opening my mouth sometimes. It is so frustrating, and annoying... can anyone help or suggest anything? I don't have health insurance or money for doctors right now so I can't keep going, and getting more creams that don't work and no real answers. Is this a sign of some underlying illness? STD or something? It seems so very little but to always have a cracked bleeding big sore on your mouth really affects your confidence and the way people look at you, plus it is worrisome... I had a rash on my inner thigh as well, and went to a doctor and he said it was fungal, and the cream I got worked, although it took a long time. Nothing seems to help with this. Why would I be getting fungal infections anyway? Someone please help.