Persistent rash following facial shingles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Can anyone help?   I have had facial shingles.   The persistant pain is being treated fairly sucessfully, but the rash is not improving after 9 weeks.  It is in itself painful to touch and I cannot cover it with make up.
I have repeated antivirals and antibiotics and topical steroids produced more pain and redness.
hi,

the rash due to shingles in your case should have healed by now (9 weeks). however, super infection with bacteria is a common reason and this seems to be the reason here.

The doctor would be able to prescribe you oral as well as local antibiotics, to tide over the lesion and the infection.

Topical steroids, would in fact slow the infection control process, and there application should be weighed against benefits and risks.

Pain after shingles is a common sight and may not be related to the bacterial infection , but to the shingles virus causing nerve damage.

Hope this helped. let me know if you may need any more information.