Persistent rash on face more than a month

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

8396979?1349555770
Over a month ago I noticed a patterned redness developing on my upper forehead just below the hairline, along my temples, and also on both cheeks.  The initial pattern of the rash hasn't really changed, and it hasn't spread.  I thought it might have something to do with a new dandruff shampoo I was using at the time so I discontinued it.  Initially it was very red and blotchy which has diminished somewhat over the last month but otherwise it isn't showing much improvement.  I've never had this type of skin condition before although I've had two bouts of eczema in the last year on my elbows, hands, and ankles which is something new for me.  I have very sensitive skin so if I ever get anything it tends to be more severe than for other people, although my complexion is generally very clear.  I'm thinking this face thing is some sort of heat rash because it's been extremely hot in San Diego for the last couple of months and I work out regularly but this doesn't completely fit the description of any heat rash that I can find online.  It's mildly tingly and itchy at times and the affected areas do have some heat under the skin but otherwise there isn't much discomfort, it's primarily just unsightly and I'm wondering if or when it will clear up.  I thought it might be from running hot water on my face in the shower so I've been trying to run cold water on my face and I bought an organic oil at a local market that's supposed to be good for rashes but nothing seems to really do the trick so far, it's going on 6 weeks.  Any suggestions?  
From your symptoms it looks like dermatitis or atopic dermatitis. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also use a mild soap like Dove and avoid washing with hot water.  You can take some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin. Also apply some Corticosteroids, such as hydrocortisone cream on the itchy areas. A well-balanced diet that includes carbohydrates, fats, minerals, proteins, vitamins, and liquids will help to maintain skin health.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate your evaluation!  It was very nice of you to take the time.  I saw a dermatologist last week and they gave me a similar diagnosis and prescribed some facial treatments which have been working very well.  I have very sensitive skin and I need to be careful with what products I'm using.  Thanks again.